Prazeres will lead the new board and executive committee, succeeding Dante Di Giovanni, who will remain on the MasonryWorx executive committee as past president.
“It is an exciting time to assume the position of president of MasonryWorx, and I am looking forward to continuing to promote and advocate for the strength, quality and durability of brick, block and stone building materials,” said Prazeres. “Our masonry industry is at a point where there is tremendous potential to grow, and it is important that we spread the word to communities about the value of building with our products—both in terms of quality of life and safety.”
In addition to Prazeres’ position on the executive committee, Prazeres (president of Target Masonry in Mississauga, Ont., and recipient of Portugal’s Order of Merit) also spends time dedicated to the many charities and community events that he has founded and serves, including the annual Carassauga Festival and the Luso Canadian Charitable Society.
MasonryWorx supports studies and innovation in masonry products that improve fire safety, air quality, durability, and social and environmental stewardship in the building industry.
Here are MasonryWorx’s 2012 board members and executive committee:
• Dante Di Giovanni, Blair Building Materials Inc.
• Paul Hargest, Boehmers
• Jason De Rose, Uni-Tri Masonry Ltd. (Masonry Contractors Association of Toronto)
• Marcus Poirier, Permacon
• Judy Pryma, Brampton Brick
• Frank Giordano, St Marys Cement (Cement Association of Canada)
• Erminio Oliveri, Holcim Canada (Cement Association of Canada)
• Jack Prazeres, Target Masonry (Masonry Contractors Association of Toronto)
• Joe Ippolito, Arriscraft International Inc.
• Tony Di Lena, Richvale York Block Inc.
• Frank Corrado, Hanson Brick
• Basil Fazio, Blok-Lok Ltd.
• Joao Baptista Alves, Universal Workers Union, Local 1
• Domenic Montemurro, Medi Group Inc. (Masonry Contractors Association of Toronto)
• Jack Prazeres, president
• Bruno Masucci, vice president
• Marcus Poirier, treasurer
• Dante Di Giovanni, past president
Software-dependent lighting systems cut into cost savingsFebruary 10, 2017 - We’ve all bought expensive things designed…
Danfoss’ cloud-based Cool.it venture addresses temperature controlFebruary 14, 2017 - Danfoss has announced the development of…
CU Boulder metamaterial film brings the cool without consuming energyFebruary 10, 2017 - A team of University of Colorado…
Preliminary energy savings of 30% with Standard 90.1-2016February 15, 2017 - Preliminary results show more than 30%…
EnerQuality Housing Innovation Forum and Awards 2017Thu Feb 23, 2017 @ 8:00am - 11:00pm
ASHRAE: Improving Building Energy Performance Seminar 2017Mon Mar 06, 2017 @ 2:00pm - 05:00pm
ROOFTech 2017Tue Apr 25, 2017
Lightfair International (LFI) 2017Sun May 07, 2017