Prazeres will lead the new board and executive committee, succeeding Dante Di Giovanni, who will remain on the MasonryWorx executive committee as past president.
“It is an exciting time to assume the position of president of MasonryWorx, and I am looking forward to continuing to promote and advocate for the strength, quality and durability of brick, block and stone building materials,” said Prazeres. “Our masonry industry is at a point where there is tremendous potential to grow, and it is important that we spread the word to communities about the value of building with our products—both in terms of quality of life and safety.”
In addition to Prazeres’ position on the executive committee, Prazeres (president of Target Masonry in Mississauga, Ont., and recipient of Portugal’s Order of Merit) also spends time dedicated to the many charities and community events that he has founded and serves, including the annual Carassauga Festival and the Luso Canadian Charitable Society.
MasonryWorx supports studies and innovation in masonry products that improve fire safety, air quality, durability, and social and environmental stewardship in the building industry.
Here are MasonryWorx’s 2012 board members and executive committee:
• Dante Di Giovanni, Blair Building Materials Inc.
• Paul Hargest, Boehmers
• Jason De Rose, Uni-Tri Masonry Ltd. (Masonry Contractors Association of Toronto)
• Marcus Poirier, Permacon
• Judy Pryma, Brampton Brick
• Frank Giordano, St Marys Cement (Cement Association of Canada)
• Erminio Oliveri, Holcim Canada (Cement Association of Canada)
• Jack Prazeres, Target Masonry (Masonry Contractors Association of Toronto)
• Joe Ippolito, Arriscraft International Inc.
• Tony Di Lena, Richvale York Block Inc.
• Frank Corrado, Hanson Brick
• Basil Fazio, Blok-Lok Ltd.
• Joao Baptista Alves, Universal Workers Union, Local 1
• Domenic Montemurro, Medi Group Inc. (Masonry Contractors Association of Toronto)
• Jack Prazeres, president
• Bruno Masucci, vice president
• Marcus Poirier, treasurer
• Dante Di Giovanni, past president
Who's in the red? MyHeat reveals building heat loss map for AlbertaSeptember 20, 2016 - Homes in Alberta may be able…
Hot design + efficiency saluted by 2016 Lighting for Tomorrow AwardsSeptember 15, 2016 - From slick chrome chandeliers to practical…
Green Jobs youth internships to help reduce energySeptember 19, 2016 - New from Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)…
Richmond Hill converting 15,000 lights to LEDs with controlsSeptember 26, 2016 - The Town of Richmond Hill, Ont.…
Connected+ 2016Wed Oct 12, 2016
IAGT Montreal Industrial Gas Turbine Workshop Mon Oct 17, 2016
Quest 2016Mon Oct 17, 2016
AEE Southern Ontario October Chapter MeetingWed Oct 19, 2016
Montreal Building Expo 2016Thu Nov 03, 2016