Prazeres will lead the new board and executive committee, succeeding Dante Di Giovanni, who will remain on the MasonryWorx executive committee as past president.
“It is an exciting time to assume the position of president of MasonryWorx, and I am looking forward to continuing to promote and advocate for the strength, quality and durability of brick, block and stone building materials,” said Prazeres. “Our masonry industry is at a point where there is tremendous potential to grow, and it is important that we spread the word to communities about the value of building with our products—both in terms of quality of life and safety.”
In addition to Prazeres’ position on the executive committee, Prazeres (president of Target Masonry in Mississauga, Ont., and recipient of Portugal’s Order of Merit) also spends time dedicated to the many charities and community events that he has founded and serves, including the annual Carassauga Festival and the Luso Canadian Charitable Society.
MasonryWorx supports studies and innovation in masonry products that improve fire safety, air quality, durability, and social and environmental stewardship in the building industry.
Here are MasonryWorx’s 2012 board members and executive committee:
• Dante Di Giovanni, Blair Building Materials Inc.
• Paul Hargest, Boehmers
• Jason De Rose, Uni-Tri Masonry Ltd. (Masonry Contractors Association of Toronto)
• Marcus Poirier, Permacon
• Judy Pryma, Brampton Brick
• Frank Giordano, St Marys Cement (Cement Association of Canada)
• Erminio Oliveri, Holcim Canada (Cement Association of Canada)
• Jack Prazeres, Target Masonry (Masonry Contractors Association of Toronto)
• Joe Ippolito, Arriscraft International Inc.
• Tony Di Lena, Richvale York Block Inc.
• Frank Corrado, Hanson Brick
• Basil Fazio, Blok-Lok Ltd.
• Joao Baptista Alves, Universal Workers Union, Local 1
• Domenic Montemurro, Medi Group Inc. (Masonry Contractors Association of Toronto)
• Jack Prazeres, president
• Bruno Masucci, vice president
• Marcus Poirier, treasurer
• Dante Di Giovanni, past president
“Semi-open” residential water heater concept promises high efficiency, lower costAugust 17, 2016 - A team of scientists from the…
Get natural, bright & cozy lighting with Philips' SceneSwitch bulb rangeAugust 19, 2016 - Philips Lighting has launched the new…
CertainTeed MemBrain receives approval from Canadian Construction Materials CentreAugust 17, 2016 - CertainTeed Membrain, the continuous air barrier…
Montreal streetlighting project “successfully combines the solutions of various smart city technologies and companies”August 26, 2016 - Energere—an energy services company (ESCO)—reports it…
AEE Southern Ontario September Chapter MeetingWed Sep 14, 2016
Alberta Energy Code for Housing and Small Buildings ABC CourseTue Sep 20, 2016
Energy into Action Fall 2016Wed Sep 21, 2016 @ 8:30am - 02:30pm
Connected+ 2016Wed Oct 12, 2016
IAGT Montreal Industrial Gas Turbine Workshop Mon Oct 17, 2016
AEE Southern Ontario October Chapter MeetingWed Oct 19, 2016