2015 Energy Star Awards winners announced
August 7, 2015 - Greg Rickford, Canada’s minister of Natural Resources, has announced the 2015 Energy Star Market Transformation Award winners. The awards are presented to utilities, manufacturers, retailers, associations and homebuilders who have demonstrated “exemplary performance in developing and promoting the most energy-efficient products and homes in the market”.
By Renée Francoeur
Rickford presented the Sustained Excellence award to the Canadian Tire Corp. for “consistently helping its customers save energy and money through the promotion and sale of Energy Star-certified products”.
“This year’s Energy Star award recipients are setting an example for the Canadian business community through their sustained leadership in promoting responsible energy use”, said Rickford. “I applaud the work of Canadian Tire and all the winners in encouraging Canadians to save money and reduce energy use by making energy-efficient choices.”
Here is the complete list of the 2015 winners:
• Sustained Excellence: Canadian Tire Corporation
• Manufacturer of the Year—Appliances: Whirlpool Canada LP
• Manufacturer of the Year—Electronics: Samsung Electronics Canada
• Manufacturer of the Year—Lighting: Globe Electric
• Manufacturer of the Year—Windows and Doors: All Weather Windows Ltd.
• Retailer of the Year: The Home Depot Canada
• Utility of the Year—Provincial: Hydro-Québec
• Utility of the Year—Regional: PowerStream Inc.
• Promotional Campaign of the Year: Manitoba Hydro
• Advocate of the Year: Canadian Coalition for Green Health Care
• Promoter of the Year—Energy Star Most Efficient: Vinyl Window Designs Ltd.
• Recruit of the Year: Supply Chain Management Association
• New Homes Builder of the Year: Arista Homes Limited.