Announcing Canada’s 2012 Energy Star Market Transformation Award winners
June 5, 2012 - David Anderson, parliamentary secretary to Joe Oliver, minister of natural resources, announced the winners of the 2012 Energy Star Market Transformation Awards. This year, 12 organizations in 13 categories were recognized for their excellence in advancing the Energy Star brand in Canada. And the winners are:
By Anthony Capkun
• New Homes Participant of the Year: Reid’s Heritage Homes
• Manufacturer of the Year: Whirlpool Canada LP
• Manufacturer of the Year (Fenestration): Jeld-Wen of Canada
• Manufacturer of the Year (Commercial): Habco Beverage Systems Inc.
• Retailer of the Year: Sears Canada Inc.
• Utility of the Year (Provincial): Hydro-Quebec
• Promotional Campaign of the Year: Hydro-Quebec
• Utility of the Year (Regional): FortisBC Inc.
• Participant of the Year: All Weather Windows Ltd.
• Advocate of the Year (Specific Product): Vinyl Window Designs Ltd.
• Advocate of the Year (Multiple Products): Toronto Community Housing
• Collaborative Initiative of the Year: Samsung Electronics Canada Inc.
• Sustained Excellence: The Home Depot Canada
“Since its introduction, industry and government have worked together to promote the benefits of the Energy Star initiative to Canadians,” said Anderson. “This year’s awards recipients are being recognized for their exceptional contributions.”
For a complete description of each winner’s achievements, visit:
These awards recognize leadership in promoting energy efficiency in Canada and are presented to utility providers, manufacturers, retailers, advocates and homebuilders who have shown leadership and commitment in manufacturing, marketing and promoting energy-efficient products.