CaGBC announces 2020 Leadership and Green Building Award winners
The recipients will be formally recognized throughout the Building Lasting Change 2020 online events taking place on five consecutive Tuesdays from September 22 to October 20.
August 26, 2020 By Energy Manager Canada
The Canadian Green Building Council (CaGBC) has announced the winners of its 2020 Leadership and Green Building Excellence Awards, recognizing individuals, organizations and projects that demonstrate industry leadership and have made contributions to advancing green building in Canada.
This year’s winners will be formally recognized throughout the Building Lasting Change 2020 online events taking place on five consecutive Tuesdays from September 22 to October 20.
2020 CaGBC Leadership Award winners:
- CaGBC Lifetime Achievement Award: Andrew McAllan
Emerging Green Leader: Samantha Menard, manager, energy team, EQ Building Performance
- Inspired Educator: Mohawk College
- Government Leadership: City of Vancouver Civic Buildings
- Volunteer Leadership – Chapter: Paul Frith, director of advocacy and sales, Geosource Energy
- Green Building Champion: Stephani Carter, founder and owner, EcoAmmo
- Green Building Pioneer: BentallGreenOak and RWDI
- Ed Lim Technical Leadership Award: Grant Peters, partner and manager of green building services, Fluent Group Consulting Engineers and Councillor at Town of Orangeville
- Students Leading Sustainability – Andy Kesteloo Memorial Project Award: Colin Pinchin, BCIT
2020 CaGBC Green Building Excellence Awards:
- Zero Carbon Award: MacKimmie Complex Redevelopment, Calgary
- New Construction: Le Phénix, Montreal
- Existing Building: Humber College Building Nx, Toronto
- Inspiring Home: West Bay Passive House, West Vancouver
- Tenant Improvement: mcCallumSather workspace, Hamilton
Print this page