Call for nominations for 2013 CIPEC Leadership Awards
October 4, 2012 - Energy Manager has learned from Partners in Project Green that the 2013 CIPEC Leadership Awards are officially “up for grabs”. Industrial companies, students and graduates that have completed energy efficiency projects or initiatives between 01 June 2011 and 01 June 2013 are now eligible to apply for this award.
October 4, 2012 By Anthony Capkun
The awards aim to showcase the achievements of CIPEC (Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation) companies that have distinguished themselves in their work to improve energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Since 2011, the awards have also honoured post-secondary students and graduates whose projects or initiatives demonstrate energy efficiency improvements in industrial settings or applications.
In addition to presenting an award to recipients, NRCan will recognize all winners in the CIPEC Annual Report and national news releases. Recipients will also be featured in CIPEC’s twice-monthly newsletter “Heads Up CIPEC”.
The awards consist of the following categories:
• Corporate Stewardship Award: recognizes companies that promote energy efficiency at the corporate level, such as the creation and engagement of an energy management team, the development of a corporate energy management plan or policy, or the implementation of a formalized management system.
• Process & Technology Improvement Award: recognizes companies that reduce energy intensity in an industrial process by improving procedures and equipment such as refrigeration or compressed air systems.
• Energy Performance Management Award: recognizes companies that enhance their monitoring, measuring, and reporting on facility or company-wide energy consumption and improve energy performance.
• Employee Awareness and Training Award: recognizes companies that raise employee awareness and understanding of energy efficiency and promote best practices through knowledge exchange.
• Integrated Energy Efficiency Strategy Award: recognizes companies that improve energy efficiency at a facility or company-wide level through a range of initiatives as a result of an integrated strategy.
• Future Leaders Award: recognizes individuals who are studying or have recently graduated and have completed a leading-edge research project or applied initiative that advances industrial energy efficiency in Canada.
All nominated projects or initiatives will be evaluated by a panel of judges against the following four criteria:
• Improved energy intensity: reduced energy use per unit of production
• Innovation: creativity and ingenuity
• Potential for broader use: transferability to other companies or industry sectors
• Contribution to the environment: reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and improvement in environmental sustainability
To be considered for an award, facilities or companies must be registered with Natural Resources Canada as a CIPEC Leader by June 1, 2013. Future Leaders Award nominees must be energy-related practitioners who are either enrolled in an academic institution or have recently graduated (up to five years), and who have completed research or a project pertaining to energy efficiency in the industrial sector.
The deadline for submitting completed nominations to CIPEC is 07 June 2013.
To register your interest in the 2013 CIPEC Awards, contact:
Nicole Knox – (613) 992-3254 – email@example.com
c/o Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation (CIPEC)
Natural Resources Canada
580 Booth Street, 12th Floor
Ottawa, ON K1A 0E4
Print this page