Canada announces its 2011 Energy Star Market Transformation award winners
June 07, 2011 - The winners of the 2011 Energy Star Market Transformation Awards were unveiled by the Government of Canada to recognize “leadership in marketing a wide range of energy-efficient products, technologies and services”. In total, 10 organizations were celebrated for their excellence in promoting Energy Star-qualified products in Canada.
“Energy Star labelling and promotion encourages Canadian consumers to purchase the most energy-efficient products, technologies and services on the market,” said Joe Oliver, minister of natural resources. “Congratulations to the winning companies, whose innovation, leadership and forward thinking are helping to strengthen and expand the Energy Star program in Canada.”
- Manufacturer of the Year: Whirlpool Canada LP
- Manufacturer of the Year, Windows, Doors and Skylights: All Weather Windows Ltd.
- Manufacturer of the Year, Commercial Products: HABCO Beverage Systems Inc.
- Retailer of the Year: Sears Canada Inc.
- Utility of the Year, Provincial: Hydro-Quebec
- Utility of the Year, Regional: Maritime Electric Co. Ltd.
- Participant of the Year: Dalhousie University
- Advocate of the Year: Ontario Power Authority
- Recruit of the Year: London Drugs Ltd.
- Collaborative Initiative of the Year: BC Hydro
- Sustained Excellence: Sears Canada Inc.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of Energy Star in Canada. The logo is displayed on 50 product categories, including home electronics, major appliances, lighting, windows and doors, office equipment and residential heating, ventilating and air-conditioning equipment. Currently, more than 1400 organizations and 800 builders participate in the Energy Star program.
For a complete description of each winner’s achievements, visit Natural Resources Canada’s Office of Energy Efficiency Web site at http://energystar.nrcan.gc.ca/winners.