EM CAREERS – GE Energy Technical Support Specialist – 1478599
January 17, 2012 - GE Energy is currently looking to fill the position for a:
Level 2 Technical Support Specialist, Energy - Energy Management division.
The successful candidate is customer focused and self-motivated in providing technical support of GE Digital Energy-Grid Automation products to new and existing customers. The position is located in Markham, Ont.
• Providing technical support to global customers in the application of GE Digital Energy- Grid Automation products through phone and email.
• Providing immediate containment and driving closure of all customer issues.
• Clear articulation and prioritization of customer issues.
• Interfacing with all departments, gaining needed support of customer issues.
• Writing technical reports based on findings related to customer issues.
• Failure analysis and root cause analysis of GE Digital Energy- Grid Automation products.
• Perform analysis of cases and issues, compile summaries of customer experiences and product performance.
• Support, add to, monitor and audit the Technical Support knowledge database, including the development of a listing of frequently asked questions.
• Provide training and support to other members of the Technical Support Team.
• Develop application notes that address common issues and trends.
• Electrical Engineering degree or Electronics Engineering Technologist diploma or equivalent.
• Strong background and demonstrated excellence with protection and control and grid automation products.
• Excellent ability to work well with customers.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong commitment to quality.
• Exceptional interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
• Experience with root cause analysis methodologies.
• Ability to lead and build consensus of cross-functional team to drive issues to closure.
• Ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple assignments, consistently meeting deadlines.
• Willing to work on-call phone support and shift work.
• Background in power systems and protective relaying.
• Experience with Software, Firmware, Hardware, HMI.
• Strong computer skills and working knowledge in MS Office.
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management tools.
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certified an asset.
INTERESTED? Visit www.jobs.gecareers.com to apply.
Please mention you saw this posting at Energy Manager!