EM CAREERS – Roevin seeks Senior Energy Manager – CA_EN_3_026668_995
January 24, 2012 - Roevin is a division of Adecco HR staffing firm which focuses exclusively on recruiting engineering, technical and I.T. talent. It is currently seeking to fill the position of a:
Senior Energy Manager - Waterloo, Ont.
January 24, 2012 By Alyssa Dalton
for an engineering consulting firm with expertise in sustainable building design, building energy conservation, mechanical and electrical retrofit projects.
Posted: January 20, 2012
An opportunity has arisen in its Waterloo, Ont., office for an intermediate or senior level project manager with considerable expertise and experience performing building energy audits, managing projects and developing business within the building retrofit/energy performance contracting sector. The firm offers exceptional career progression opportunities together with a dynamic and entrepreneurial working environment where employees are able to gain exposure to a wide variety of challenging projects.
• Develop energy retrofit projects for building and facility owners: commercial, institutional, and industrial buildings.
• Develop financial and technical objectives for energy projects.
• Prepare energy conservation study proposals, project costing, energy savings calculations and energy analysis/modeling.
• Perform energy audits at industrial, commercial and other facilities.
• Conduct preliminary energy modeling, simulation and analyses of facility mechanical and electrical systems.
• Calculate energy analysis measures using energy modeling tool software.
• Benchmark energy consumption and specify energy savings targets for all measures.
• Research all available energy conservation technologies on behalf of industrial, commercial and other facilities.
• Complete process improvement studies for clients.
• Perform energy audit usage patterns and prepare project feasibility reports.
• Generate economic, feasibility, and energy analysis reports and project reports.
• Provide technical leadership and direction for the project development teams.
• Manage energy retrofit projects including: planning, scheduling, organizing and budgets for engineering, consulting and sub-contracting for projects.
• Manage and provide documentation and project timelines for all projects.
• Pro-actively develop business and new energy auditing/energy performance contracting opportunities within the retrofit market.
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related program.
• P.Eng status preferred or eligibility.
• CEM (Certified Energy Manager) designation is an asset.
• Strong understanding of HVAC design.
• Familiarity with Canadian building codes and standards.
• Familiarity with LEED principals in an asset.
• Strong computer skills.
• Able to bring in projects on budget and on time.
• Must have strong business development skills.
• Must have a proven track record of building client relationships within one of the following markets: Building Retrofit, Energy Retrofit, -Energy Performance Contracting.
• Must have a class “G” Ontario driver’s license.
INTERESTED? Visit www.adecco.ca/roevin to apply.
Please mention you saw this posting at Energy Manager!
Print this page