EM CAREERS – CaGBC seeks LEED Technical Coordinator (Ottawa or Vancouver)
December 17, 2013 - The Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) is a national industry organization dedicated to advancing green building practices for livable communities. It is currently looking to hire a:
LEED Technical Coordinator (Ottawa or Vancouver)
By Alyssa Dalton
CaGBC is growing and you could be part of the excitement. We offer a fast-paced, dynamic work environment in an organization full of talented team players.
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is a rating system that is recognized as the international mark of excellence for green building in over 132 countries. Since 2002, the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) and LEED Canada have been redefining the buildings and communities where Canadians live, work and learn.
LEED projects are changing the nature of building design, construction, and operation, and the LEED Technical Coordinators are at the heart of the certification process. Under the direction of the LEED Program Manager, the LEED Technical Coordinator is part of a quality control team ensuring the accuracy, clarity and consistency of project assessments performed by contracted LEED project review teams. Specifically, this position will help address energy and engineering aspects of the LEED rating systems.
This position requires technical expertise in energy and engineering. Our ideal candidate will be bilingual, with 3 years relevant work experience in the fields of energy modelling, HVAC&R design, energy auditing, commissioning or similar (mechanical engineer or other relevant training). This individual will also have great attention to accuracy and detail and be eager to get a career start with one of Canada’s foremost green not-for-profit associations.
LEED Canada registration, certification and interpretation (85%):
• Member of a team coordinating the certification review process and managing contracted LEED project assessment teams
• Performing quality control (QC) review of work done by contracted review teams to ensure technical consistency and quality assurance for the LEED Canada certification reviews
• Reviewing project documentation to determine compliance with LEED Canada requirements
• Assisting in conceiving and developing improvements to LEED Canada certification review process
• Assisting with coordinating Credit Interpretation Requests (CIR)
• Designing, implementing and maintaining processes and systems for LEED program activities, in consultation with the LEED team
• Supporting technical content updates (e.g. errata to rating systems and LEED letter templates)
• Providing technical support to all CaGBC programs, such as by compiling, analyzing, synthesizing and preparing research reports and briefing documents
• Managing web-based collaborative workspaces, coordinating web and teleconference meetings
• Liaising with and fulfilling information requests from coworkers, volunteers, stakeholders, the US Green Building Council and others;
• Providing technical support to Customer Service, and directly responding to technical queries from project applicants when necessary
• Other activities as required, to support the overall LEED program and other initiatives of the CaGBC.
Skills, knowledge, abilities
• Direct experience with energy modelling, HVAC&R design, energy auditing, commissioning or similar (mechanical engineering or other relevant training)
• Strong quality assurance skill set, an aptitude for detail and able to manage a multi-task workload
• Knowledge of LEED rating system application and environmental certification, preferably in Canada
• Knowledge of project and building design and construction process
• Technical knowledge of green operations and maintenance practices related to commercial, institutional and industrial buildings
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enjoys working collaboratively with other team members, volunteers and LEED users
• Flexibility to adapt to a changing work environment and ability to exercise judgment in decision making when faced with uncertainties
• Ability to manage contracts with consultants and contractors
• Demonstrated project management capability
• Bilingualism (French/English) preferred
• University degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• 3 years minimum professional experience in energy modelling, HVAC&R design, energy auditing, commissioning or similar;
• LEED Accredited Professional designation required at time of hire or within 6 months of hire;
• Strong experience with Word and Excel required.
Starting Salary: $43,000 – $53,500
Potential Salary Range: $43,000 – 67,000
INTERESTED? Please submit your application in English including both a resume and cover letter with the subject heading: “LEED Technical Coordinator”, by 11:59pm Sunday, January 26, 2014 to email@example.com.
Please mention you saw this posting on Energy-manager.ca!