Enhanced energy collaboration between NRCan and DoE
September 18, 2014 - Greg Rickford, Canada’s minister of natural resources, and Dr. Ernest Moniz, U.S. secretary of energy, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) launching an agreement on enhanced energy collaboration between Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE).
Under the MoU, Canada and the States aim to cooperate on initiatives such as:
• enhancing the reliability and security of the North American energy infrastructure
• supporting the advancement of an efficient and clean electric grid
• enhancing coordination on energy efficiency standards
• collaborating to reduce the cost of carbon capture and storage (CCS)
• engaging in regional and multilateral dialogues on energy and environmental issues to advance shared priorities
The official signing today followed a meeting between Rickford and Moniz to discuss the MoU and the future of continued NRCan-DOE collaboration.