CIPEC Free Webinar SeriesPrint this page
October 19, 2022
The Canadian Industry Partnership for Energy Conservation (CIPEC) through Natural Resources Canada’s (NRCan) Office of Energy Efficiency is featuring a monthly series of three 60-minute free webinars.
We will share information related to energy efficiency such as the ENERGY STAR for Industry Program and its certification, and hear from the Vice President of Standards & Regulations Electro-Federation Canada on clean energy.
|Webinar 1 of 3|
|Date: Wednesday October 19, 2022|
|Time: 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm (ET)|
|Location: Microsoft Teams – this webinar will be delivered virtually.|
|Audience: Canadian industrial sector|
|Register: To attend this free webinar, email us in advance.
A link to the live webcast will be provided to participants who have confirmed their attendance.
Agenda Oct 19
1:00-1:05 (5 min) – Intro (Freitas Tola)
1:05-1:30 (20 min) – ENERGY STAR for Industry Program (Sam Likely, Senior Program Officer NRCan)
- ENERGY STAR for Industry Certification: benchmarks industrial energy use across Canada and the U.S. and recognizes facilities that score in the top 25% most energy efficient.
- The ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry: the program is designed to establish or reinforce fundamental energy management practices in industrial facilities and improve energy performance. Facilities participate by pledging to reduce their energy intensity by at least 10% within 5 years. To qualify, at least 50% of a facility’s energy use must be from manufacturing and/or research and development, and a facility must be able to set a baseline energy metric.
1:25-1:45 (20 min) – Clean energy / Net Zero and GHG reduction (Gurvinder Chopra/VP, Standards & Regulations Electro-Federation Canada): Perspectives of electrical sector on Clean Energy, Net Zero and GHG reduction.
- Introduction to Electro-Federation Canada: Information about the organization and its mission.
- Net Zero to modernize the electrical infrastructure: How innovations within the electrical sector are contributing to the change.
- How manufacturers are looking into energy efficient plants
1:45–2:00 (15 min) – Q&A
Email us at NRCan.oee_industry-industrie.RNCan@canada.ca
Print this page