Horizon Utilities praises 2016 Energy Savings Champions
April 22, 2016 - Horizon Utilities recognized 13 customers and contractors for implementing “innovative energy conservation and demand management projects involving retrofits, lighting fixtures and heating and cooling systems”.
April 22, 2016 By Renée Francoeur
These companies were honoured recently at the utility’s fourth annual Energy Savings Champions Awards breakfast in Stoney Creek, Ont.
“We are pleased to recognize these local businesses with Energy Savings Champions Awards for demonstrating leadership in conservation and demand management,” said Eileen Campbell, VP of customer services, Horizon Utilities. “These community leaders realize it makes good business sense to use the expertise and incentives that Horizon Utilities offers to reduce energy use and save money in their companies.”
Awards were presented in the following categories:
• Channel Partner – Lighting: Multilogic Energy Solutions Inc.
• Channel Partner – Non-Lighting: Renteknik Group Inc.
• Lighting: Fellfab Ltd.
• HVAC Refrigeration: Rogers Communications Canada Inc.
• VFD Motors: Hamilton Health Sciences Centre
• Compressed Air: Haver & Boecker Canada
This year, a new category was introduced for business customers whose efforts saved over one million kWh known as “Million Kilowatt Hour Club”:
• Air Liquide
• ArcelorMittal Dofasco GP
• US Steel Canada
• Birla Carbon – Columbian Chemicals Canada Ltd.
• City of Hamilton
• GM Canada – St. Catharines Engine Plant
• National Steel Car Ltd.
Congrats to all the winners!
Print this page