Johnson Controls’ Isabelle Lavoie appointed ASHRAE 2012-15 director
July 9, 2012 - Isabelle Lavoie, of Johnson Controls in Saint-Laurent, Que., has been appointed to ASHRAE's 2012-13 team of officers and directors, where she will act as Region II Director and Regional Chair for a three-year term from 2012-2015. In her role at Johnson Controls, Lavoie serves as branch account manager systems and HVAC for the province of Quebec.
By Alyssa Dalton
Leading the 2012-13 board of directors is Thomas E. Watson of McQuay International, serving as the new president. His presidential theme is Broadening ASHRAE’s Horizons, which emphasizes the role of ASHRAE members as “leaders in the application of sustainable design and practices in our communities worldwide”.
“Let us build on a strong heritage as a technical society and broaden the application of our technology to serve humanity and promote a sustainable world,” he said. “We must look at broadening our technology, our applications and our people.”
Other officers installed for a one-year term are:
• President-Elect: William “Bill” P. Bahnfleth of the Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pa.
• Treasurer: Thomas “Tom” H. Phoenix of Moser Mayer Phoenix Associates, Greensboro, N.C.
• Vice President: Constantinos A. Balaras of the Institute for Environmental Research and Sustainable Development, National Observatory of Athens, Greece
• Vice President: Daniel C. Pettway of Hobbs and Associates, Norfolk, Va.
• Vice President: Timothy G. Wentz of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Neb.
• Vice President: Thomas E. Werkema of Arkema, Knoxville, Tenn.
Along with Lavoie, ASHRAE installed the following directors to serve a three-year term from 2012-2015:
• Region I Director and Regional Chair: Joseph L. Furman of Automated Logic, Wallingford, Conn.
• Region III Director and Regional Chair: Paul E. Petrilli of H.F. Lenz Co., Johnstown, Pa.
• Region XI Director and Regional Chair: Kevin L. Marple of Benz Air Engineering, Portland, Ore.
• Director-at-Large: Charles H. Culp III of Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas.
• Director-at-Large: Kirk T. Mescher of CM Engineering, Columbia, Mo.
• Director-at-Large: Dennis J. Wessel of Karpinski Engineering, Cleveland, Ohio.