We’ve launched this Information Portal to introduce you to RETScreen—a “Made-in-Canada” software tool for low-carbon planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting
February 14, 2022 By Anthony Capkun
RETScreen is the world’s leading Clean Energy Management Software, growing at 40,000+ new users each year, available in 36 languages, and covering two-thirds of the world’s population.
Areas of focus
The focus of RETScreen’s Capacity Building program is to ensure that both new and existing users are able to maximize the benefit and impact of using the software platform in their day-to-day work.
The RETScreen team helps achieve this by…
• Continuing to widely disseminate RETScreen Expert, the advanced version of the software, via our website, to users in Viewer mode completely free-of-charge.
• Providing an ever-improving premium version of RETScreen Expert on a cost-recovery basis. The full functionality of RETScreen Expert (including the ability to save, print and export files) is available in Professional mode by purchasing a renewable 12-month subscription, currently priced at $869 CAD per subscription (plus applicable taxes). Each paid subscription entitles the subscribing organization to install the software key on up to a total of ten (10) computers at no additional charge, for use by employees of the organization.
• Offering the 1400+ universities and colleges worldwide who use RETScreen to purchase one annual subscription and install RETScreen Expert’s Professional mode for teaching and research (i.e. non-commercial) use only, on an unlimited number of organization-owned computers (including computer labs), as well as on an unlimited number of student-owned computers (for currently registered students).
• Developing and disseminating knowledge content, such as the RETScreen User-Manual, the RETScreen Engineering e-Textbook and the RETScreen Case Studies and Templates.
• Creating and publishing new instructional videos for the RETScreen eLearning Channel, and helping to raise awareness of online RETScreen training resources created by other organizations.
• Coordinating with private and public sector organizations who provide independent RETScreen training to help raise awareness of upcoming courses offered by this network of trainers who focus on professional development and continuing education.
• Providing direct technical support to RETScreen customers who subscribe to the Professional mode of the software.
If you are interested in purchasing an annual subscription for the Professional mode of the RETScreen software, or if you are already a subscriber and you require technical support, contact RETScreen@nrcan-rncan.gc.ca.
Print this page