ASHRAE updates online standards review database
September 13, 2018 - The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), an international association focusing on energy efficiency for built environments, has launched an updated online standards review database, which allows both members and non-members to access public drafts for standards, guidelines and addenda and to submit comments.
The new system offers a single sign-in feature and a new dashboard to help users easily access items that require their attention. The dashboard provides links to individual and committee comments, committee responses to comments, continuous maintenance proposals and outstanding ballots.
“The database has been updated to provide greater functionality than our previous system,” explains Jeff Littleton, ASHRAE’s executive vice-president (EVP). “The new system provides information in a faster and a more meaningful way. We’re excited to present it to our standards development community.”
Additional features include:
- Complete letter balloting within the system, with downloadable reports that demonstrate procedural compliance with ASHRAE and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- The ability to hold committee votes on motions to approve public review publication interpretations, minutes and any other committee business.
- Voting rules that are compliant with ASHRAE procedures, to minimize errors and the need for members to maintain excessive documentation.
- Automated notifications, warnings and reminders when deadlines are approaching.
- Continuous maintenance proposals entirely online.
- The ability to view proposals online or download them for work offline.
“We’re pleased to bring this improved tool to members and non-members alike,” says ASHRAE’s 2018/2019 president, Sheila J. Hayter. “This updated database will ensure our rigorous examination of standards is strengthened.”
Natural gas fuels HVAC system past international standardsNovember 14, 2018 – ThermoLift reports it has successfully tested…
OPG and Stem partner on energy storage systems for industrial manufacturersNovember 14, 2018 – Ontario Power Generation (OPG) has launched…
Fluke celebrates 70th anniversary with sweepstakesNovember 13, 2018 – Fluke, which develops test and measurement…
10 tips for improving warehouse ventilationNovember 15, 2018 - A warehouse is one of the…
The Buildings Show
November 28-30, 2018
AESP 2019 Annual Conference & Expo
January 21-24, 2019
Alberta Energy Efficiency Summit
February 26-27, 2019
2019 National Conference on Energy Efficiency as a Resource
October 15-17, 2019