Names you know among 2017 Energy Star Canada award winners
July 19, 2017 - “We need to make more conscious choices when it comes to our energy consumption. The Energy Star Canada program and its participants have been very successful in helping Canadians do just that. We are proud to honour this year’s award winners,” said Jim Carr, Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, in announcing the 2017 winners of Energy Star Canada awards.
The winners are Energy Star Canada program participants from across the country, representing utilities, manufacturers, retailers, associations and homebuilders. Without further ado:
• Advocate of the Year: Canadian Coalition for Green Health Care
• Manufacturer of the Year, Appliances: Samsung Electronics Canada
• Manufacturer of the Year, Commercial: QBD Cooling Systems Inc.
• Manufacturer of the Year, Electronics: Samsung Electronics Canada
• Manufacturer of the Year, Fenestration: Jeld-Wen of Canada
• Manufacturer of the Year, HVAC: Rheem Canada Ltd.
• Manufacturer of the Year, Lighting: Conglom Inc.
• Partner of the Year, New Homes: Union Gas Ltd.
• “Most Efficient” Promoter of the Year: Saint John Energy
• Promotional Campaign of the Year: Manitoba Hydro
• New Recruit of the Year: Philips Lighting Canada
• Retailer of the Year, National: Home Depot of Canada Inc.
• Sustained Excellence, New Homes: City Green Solutions
• Sustained Excellence, Products: Sears Canada Inc.
• Utility of the Year, Provincial: Manitoba Hydro
• Utility of the Year, Regional: Hydro One
CLICK HERE to learn more about the winners.
Energy Star Canada is a voluntary partnership between the Government of Canada and more than 1500 organizations that manufacture, sell or promote Energy Star-certified products and homes. The program is administered and promoted by NRCan (Natural Resources Canada).
Ontario’s new PC government should adopt energy management principles • COLUMNJune 18, 2018 - Energy costs were front-and-centre in the…
SmartOne Solar from Globalstar meets strict industry safety standardsJune 13, 2018 — Globalstar Canada Satellite recently announced its…
Dyson’s new Airblade Wash+Dry hand dryer uses up to 52% less waterJune 13, 2018 — The new Dyson Airblade Wash+Dry hand…
BOMA Quebec's Real Estate Energy Challenge launchesJune 15, 2018 — On May 23, BOMA Quebec announced…
2018 International Symposium on Energy Efficiency
June 26, 2018
2018 IES Annual Conference
August 9-11, 2018
ACEEE Summer Study on Energy Efficiency in Buildings 2018
August 12-17, 2018
2018 ASHRAE Building Performance Analysis Conference and Simbuild
September 26-28, 2018
AESP 2019 Annual Conference & Expo
January 21-24, 2019