ONE month left to apply for CIPEC Leadership Awards 2014
February 3, 2014 - There is only one month left to submit nominations for the CIPEC Leadership Awards, which honour CIPEC (Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation) companies that have distinguished themselves in their work to improve energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
February 3, 2014 By Alyssa Dalton
Industrial companies, students and graduates that have completed an energy efficiency project or initiative between June 1, 2011 and March 3, 2014, are now eligible to apply for the award. The deadline for applying is March 3.
The awards include:
• Corporate Stewardship Award – recognizes companies that promote energy efficiency at the corporate level, such as the creation and engagement of an energy management team, the development of a corporate energy management plan or policy, or the implementation of a formalized management system.
• Process and Technology Improvement Award – recognizes companies that reduce energy intensity in an industrial process by improving procedures and equipment such as refrigeration or compressed air systems.
• Energy Performance Management Award – recognizes companies that improve their energy performance through enhancements to their monitoring, measuring and reporting processes relating to facility- or company-wide energy consumption.
• Employee Awareness and Training Award – recognizes companies that raise employee awareness and understanding of energy efficiency and promote best practices through knowledge exchange.
• Integrated Energy Efficiency Strategy Award – recognizes companies that improve energy efficiency at a facility- or company-wide level through a range of initiatives as a result of an integrated strategy.
• Future Leaders Award – recognizes individuals who are studying or who have recently graduated and have completed a project (theoretical or applied) that advances industrial energy efficiency in Canada.
All nominated energy efficiency projects or initiatives will be evaluated by a panel of judges against the following criteria:
• Energy performance
• Potential for broad application
• Environmental contribution
To be considered for an award, facilities or companies must be registered with Natural Resources Canada as a CIPEC Leader. Future Leaders Award nominees must be energy-related practitioners who are either enrolled in an academic institution or have recently graduated (up to five years) and who have completed research or a project pertaining to energy efficiency in the industrial sector.
For more information, contact the CIPEC
Print this page