PHOTOS: New Schneider Canada corporate HQ pinnacle of integrated design
October 26, 2011 - Last week, Energy Management had the opportunity to tour Schneider Electric Canada’s new corporate HQ in Mississauga, Ont. The McLaughlin Road facility began reconstruction in December 2010; while the exterior was maintained, the interior was virtually rebuilt.
By Anthony Capkun
Schneider chose to pursue LEED certification for this site to demonstrate its commitment to both the environment and employees. Its LEED CI (Commercial Interiors) Silver file (pending CaGBC audit approval) highlights the many construction upgrades including:
• Replacing T12 linear fluorescents with T8s.
• Installed recessed and Trac LED fixtures.
• Occupancy sensors control lighting in offices, meeting rooms and washrooms.
• Lower-height workstations provide clear daylight views, and incorporate occupancy sensors for task lighting.
• Energy Star-rated appliances used in the cafeteria and servery areas.
• New data centre uses in-row cooling.
• Extensive metering throughout the distribution system.
• New high-efficiency rooftop units replace aging cooling units.
• Building automation monitors energy use, controls HVAC, lighting and security.
• Designated parking for electric vehicles with onsite charging.
CLICK HERE for VIDEO