SaveONenergy Retrofit Program updated to further help reduce costs
November 3, 2014 - Ontario Power Authority (OPA) has updated the saveONenergy Retrofit Program, providing additional financial incentives for businesses to reduce consumption. Eligible companies can receive financial incentives worth up to 50% of project costs toward modernizing current systems with high-efficiency equipment.
November 3, 2014 By Anthony Capkun
Key update and new incentives include:
Prescriptive lighting measures
• Receive incentives worth up to:
– $638 per LED exterior area light qualifying for DesignLights Consortium (DLC) Category 1 & 2
– $59 per LED troffers light
– $12 per LED A shaped lamp
– $20 per wet location rated LED PAR
• Lights must be Energy Star-qualified and fixtures must be DLC-certified.
Prescriptive incentives for VFD and variable displacement air compressors
Replace old fixed-capacity air compressors with new variable frequency drive or variable displacement air compressors and receive up to $7500 per compressor and $100 for each zero loss drain installed.
Engineered worksheets for compressed air systems
Incentives are provided at $800 per kilowatt or $0.10/kWh of energy savings from reducing system pressure, fixing leaks, installing refrigerated air dryers and zero-loss drains.
Prescriptive incentives for commercial HVAC system upgrades
• Install hotel suite occupancy controls for HVAC and lighting systems and receive up to $67 per controller.
• Upgrade to ECM motors on HVAC fans and receive up to $0.10 per cfm of rated fan capacity.
Prescriptive incentives for reducing commercial building plug loads
• Receive incentives for Energy Star-certified ice machines of up to $188/machine.
• Install motion sensor-activated vending machine controls and receive up to $193/control.
Prescriptive incentives for commercial refrigeration systems
• Upgrade to Energy Star-certified freezers and receive up to $672/freezer.
• Upgrade to Energy Star-certified refrigerators and receive up to $121/refrigerator.
• Upgrade motors in refrigerator and freezer evaporator fans to ECM motors and receive up to $1130/motor.
• Upgrade to high-efficiency refrigeration compressors and receive up $82/compressor.
Increased agribusiness incentives
• Incentives have been increased for most agricultural focused incentives.
• Examples of the program updates include increased incentives of up to $2000 to install high-volume low-speed fans and up to $187 per high-efficiency exhaust fan installed.
For additional information, including terms and conditions on the saveONenergy Retrofit Program or specific incentives, visit www.saveonenergy.ca/business or contact your local distribution company. The saveONenergy For Business programs were developed collaboratively by Ontario’s local electric utility companies (LDCs) and OPA.
Print this page