Some usual suspects score 2014 Energy Star Awards
October 29, 2014 - Greg Rickford, Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, congratulated eight organizations for winning the 2014 Energy Star Market Transformation Awards for advancing energy efficiency. Congratulations to the following:
By Anthony Capkun
• Whirlpool Canada LP – Manufacturer of the Year
• Centennial Windows Ltd. – Manufacturer of the Year (Fenestration)
• The Home Depot Canada – Retailer of the Year
• Hydro-Quebec – Utility of the Year (Provincial)
• Niagara-on-the-Lake Hydro – Utility of the Year (Regional)
• Vinyl Window Designs Ltd. – Promoter of the Year: Energy Star Most Efficient
• Hydro-Quebec – Promotional Campaign of the Year
• The Ottawa Hospital – Advocate of the Year
• Vinyl Window Designs Ltd. – Sustained Excellence
• Midhaven Homes – New Homes Builder of the Year
• Midhaven Homes – New Homes Promotional Campaign of the Year
“This year’s Energy Star Award recipients are setting an example for the Canadian business community through their sustained leadership in promoting responsible energy use,” said Rickford. “We applaud their work in encouraging Canadians to save money and conserve energy by making energy-efficient choices.”
NRCan explains this year’s recipients have excelled in offering Canadian consumers the most energy-efficient products available on the market. The awards are presented to utility providers, manufacturers, retailers, advocates and home builders “who have shown leadership in manufacturing and promoting energy-efficient products”. The recipients have promoted Energy Star to consumers through various initiatives, such as retail rebate programs, promotional and social media campaigns, etc.
CLICK HERE for more on the winners.
NRCan has administered Energy Star in Canada since 2001 (in collaboration with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency).
PHOTO: Greg Rickford presents representatives of The Ottawa Hospital with the 2014 Energy Star Advocate of the Year award. Photo courtesy NRCan.