Roxul’s Energy Design Center offers online learning
November 6, 2015 - Insulation manufacturer Roxul Inc. has introduced its Energy Design Center (EDC) online.
The EDC will serve as a “one-stop hub for building industry professionals to access resources, high-quality tools, training, and tailored advisory services to unlock the energy savings potential of their buildings”, Roxul said. Relevant to the North American market, the Energy Design Center is supported by a panel of international building science and energy efficiency experts from top tier industry and educational institutions, it added.
The online portal will also provide access to the latest third-party building science research, presentations, multi-media, case studies, product and service solutions, specification and application guides, technical and data sheets, industry news, events and more, the company said.
“The EDC was created in direct consultation with architects, designers and specifiers to meet their real-world needs in an environment of ever increasing energy targets, tighter building codes and legislation,” says Rockford Boyer with Roxul. “It is specifically aimed at helping them achieve the highest energy efficiency requirements without sacrificing other design and performance priorities, all while taking into account sustainability, durability and resiliency.”
EDC services and resources are offered at no cost and focus on five core competencies:
• Building Science Expertise: Building enclosure analysis, detailing and material specifications.
• WUFI Modeling: 1-d transient hygrothermal analysis, heat, air and moisture analysis, roofing heat transfer models (climate-driven R-value).
• Thermal Bridging: THERM models (2D) / HEAT 3 Models (3D), overall U-value analysis, insulation detailing analysis.
• R-value Calculations: Code and standards compliance, overall effective R-value calculations, dew point analysis.
• Full Building Modeling: DesignBuilder and IES-VE energy modeling, included HVAC and electricity (default) and building envelope sensitivity analysis.
LED designed for HID retrofits in low-clearance and hazardous locationsDecember 10, 2018 – Emerson Automation Solutions has launched the…
Enbridge launches 2018/2019 school challenge for tomorrow’s energy managersNovember 30, 2018 – For the third year, Enbridge Gas…
Lighting systems get self-powered occupancy sensorDecember 11, 2018 – Wireless device manufacturer EnOcean will soon…
LV capacitor banks rebranded and reconfiguredDecember 4, 2018 – Schneider Electric is rebranding its ReactiVar…
ASHRAE Winter Conference & AHR Expo
January 12-16, 2019
AESP 2019 Annual Conference & Expo
January 21-24, 2019
Alberta Energy Efficiency Summit
February 26-27, 2019
2019 National Conference on Energy Efficiency as a Resource
October 15-17, 2019