Chatham, ON — Union Gas marked Conservation Week yesterday with enhancements to five of its EnerSmart program offerings that will help businesses reduce energy use and operating costs.
"We believe in helping our business customers make smart investments in energy-efficient equipment and technologies," said Mel Ydreos, vice-president, Union Gas. "These investments can not only boost the bottom line, they also help the environment."
In this special program, Union Gas is offering its commercial customers:
- Free programmable thermostats: To reduce heating and cooling expenses by up to 10 per cent. Until August 31, 2009, Union Gas will also provide a $40 incentive towards the installation of each new programmable thermostat unit.
- Free pre-rinse spray nozzles for restaurants: To reduce water use and shave up to $950 off a businesses natural gas bill. This includes free delivery and installation.
- Free showerheads and aerators: To minimize energy used to heat water and save up to $100 a year on energy costs. This offer is available for multi-family and long-term care facilities, schools, hotels, motels and recreational commercial buildings and includes free delivery.
- $1,500 incentive on the installation of a destratification fan: High volume, low speed commercial fans reduce heat loss through the ceiling, ensure a consistent and comfortable temperature and can reduce energy cost by up to 30 per cent. Available until Sept 30.
- Up to $3,500 incentive on the installation of a condensing boiler: Save energy with up to 98 per cent thermal efficiency. Available until Sept 30.