BC Hydro customers recognized at CIPEC Leadership Awards
By BC Hydro
August 27, 2018 — At the Canadian Industry Partnership for Energy Conservation (CIPEC) Leadership Awards, five participants in BC Hydro’s strategic energy management program for industrial customers won awards.
By BC Hydro
“We’re very proud of this year’s winners and of the work that’s being done in B.C.,” said Jenia Molodtsova, industrial marketing sector manager at BC Hydro. “Advancing strategic energy management at a large industrial site takes commitment and unrelenting drive, and we’re pleased to see these CIPEC leaders honoured for their achievements. The multiple award wins show that BC Hydro’s strategic energy management programs remain will ahead of the curve.”
The award winners include:
• Future Leader: Michael Abel, Taskeo’s Gibraltar mine
• Energy Performance Management: Teck’s Highland Valley Copper operations
• Energy Performance Management: Canfor Pulp
• Corporate Stewardship: Copper Mountain Mining Corp.
• Employee Awareness and Training: New Gold’s New Afton mine
The CIPEC Leadership Awards are presented every second year to Canadian industrial organizations that have made advances in energy efficiency. Natural Resources Canada’s Office of Energy Efficiency selects winners by evaluating nominated projects against a set of criteria in different categories.