efficiencyPEI named Energy Star Canada Advocate of the Year for 2018
June 12, 2018 — The Prince Edward Island government’s efficiencyPEI division has been named the Energy Star Canada Advocate of the Year for 2018 for helping Island residents save money on their energy bills.
June 12, 2018 By Ellen Cools
Each year, Energy Star Canada recognizes participants who have demonstrated excellence in helping to promote energy efficiency. The advocate award recognizes organizations that promote and amplify the Energy Star brand in Canada.
SEE ALSO “Ontario Energy Star Canada partners recognized for leadership in energy efficiency“
“We are incredibly proud to receive this recognition,” said Paula Biggar, Minister of Transportation, Infrastructure and Energy. “Our department’s partnership with Energy Star — through efficiencyPEI — allows us to demonstrate to Islanders that government is dedicated to using a trusted standard for energy efficiency as we move toward a lower carbon future.”
In 2018, efficiencyPEI implemented a number of projects and programs, including:
• distributing Energy Star LED light bulbs to over 600 low-income residents in the province
• providing rebates for over 600 clients for Energy Star Most Efficient products
• promoting Energy Star products through more than 50 new home consultations
• launching a home energy assessment program which promotes the use of Energy Star products
• increasing the available rebate on Energy Star Zone 3 windows from $50 to $75
• organizing a series of workshops that focused on energy efficiency, all of which incorporated Energy Star as a standard
Print this page