August 28, 2013 - Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for “the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs” through its SD Tech Fund, which is open for applications starting now, August 28, through to October 16, 2013.
August 28, 2013 By Anthony Capkun
The organization says it supports technologies that address the challenges of climate change and clean air, soil and water, including technology solutions focused on these current technology “priority” areas:
• Energy efficiency: Technologies that encourage energy efficiency in buildings, industrial water use and industrial processes.
• Clean energy: Technologies that enable clean energy production, distributed power generation and energy storage, and those related to carbon capture and storage, integrated energy systems, and biorefinery/biochemical production.
• Unconventional oil and gas, and responsible natural resources development: Mitigate environmental impacts associated with Canada’s natural resource sector through technologies related to unconventional oil and gas, green mining and forestry.
• Next generation transportation: Technologies related to next-generation vehicles with reduced carbon footprints, including EV (electric vehicle) technologies, advanced trains and aircraft, or technologies related to EV and CNG/LNG infrastructure that will enable broad adoption.
• Agriculture: Technologies that increase yield and improve temperature- and drought-resistance of agricultural crops, and mitigate land-use changes and biodiversity loss.
• Northern/remote communities: Innovative technologies and solutions for self-sufficiency in smaller communities, such as small-scale waste-to-energy and microgrid applications.
“Cleantech is the key to bringing together economic prosperity and environmental responsibility, and is a cornerstone of what Canada has to offer its export market,” said Vicky Sharpe, president and CEO of SDTC. “Canadian entrepreneurs with new technologies and a compelling business case are encouraged to submit Statements of Interest to the SD Tech Fund.”
SDTC finances and supports the late-stage development and pre-commercial demonstration of clean technologies. Through its SD Tech Fund, it aims to help companies through the juncture when capital and scaling costs become challenges, and the risk profile deters other investors.
SDTC says its portfolio currently consists of 245 clean technology projects with a total value of $2.1 billion, of which over $1.5 billion is leveraged primarily from the private sector.
For more information, visit SDTC and click on FUNDING.
Print this page