MaRS Energy Hackathon 2013 for Green Button open API
September 6, 2013 - The MaRS Energy Hackathon is coming to Toronto this weekend (September 7-8, 2013), where developers, designers, energy experts and budding entrepreneurs are invited to create apps and hardware that make use of the Green Button open API and other sample datasets. The goal? Your brainchild will help consumers better understand, access and manage their electricity consumption.
September 6, 2013 By Anthony Capkun
The Green Button allows Ontarians to access and share electricity data in a standardized, secure manner. Access to smart meter data—and the ability to share that data with applications, products, services and solutions—can help Ontario households and businesses conserve energy and better manage their electricity bills.
This weekend, MaRS asks you to come over to build an app, create a gadget and join the Green Button revolution.
• Best App ($1500)
• Best App: 1st Runner-Up ($1000)
• Best App: 2nd Runner-Up ($500)
• Chagpar & Associates-backed Prepr Innovation Grant (about $5000)
• Pivot Design Group Award for Best UX/Design (about $5000)
• 5 free Tuts+Premium subscriptions (about $900)
• 5 free accounts for Squarespace for 1 year (about $500)
Applications are open until September 7 (tomorrow) so SIGN UP NOW!
Print this page