Controls & Automation
“Reduce operating costs by increasing energy efficiency in 2023” – white paper
September 8, 2023 By Anthony Capkun
September 8, 2023 – “How to tackle the business cost of operating: Reduce operating costs by increasing energy efficiency in 2023” is the title of a brief white paper that explores ways in which industry can cut costs and reduce emissions through investments in energy technology.
“High energy prices and concerns about energy security are having significant impacts on businesses,” reads the paper (which you can download below). “Investing in energy efficiency technology means businesses can simultaneously cut costs and reduce their emissions.”
Penned by subject matter expert Avi Hemmad with ABB Canada, the paper provides 5 simple steps for insulating one’s business from energy cost and security challenges:
1. Know where you stand – conduct an energy audit
2. Plan your journey – partner with experts to meet your goals
3. Understand the business case – secure stakeholder buy-in
4. Galvanize the workforce – energy efficiency is everyone’s responsibility
5. Work through an ecosystem – move forward more effectively
With the right approach, Hemmad says, it is possible for industry “to achieve cost savings without sacrificing competitiveness, investment in their business and workforce, or their journey to decarbonization”.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD “How to tackle the business cost of operating: Reduce operating costs by increasing energy efficiency in 2023” (PDF).
Print this page