Energy Star Canada recognizes 2021 energy efficiency leaders
June 21, 2021 By Anthony Capkun
June 21, 2021 – Natural Resources Canada announced the winners of the 2021 Energy Star Canada Awards, recognizing the awardees “for their outstanding contributions in promoting the most energy-efficient products, new homes and buildings, [thereby] inspiring Canadians to think differently about how energy is used every day”.
Congratulations to the following:
Energy Star for Products (Manufacturers)
• Samsung Electronics Canada (Mississauga, Ont.), Appliances.
• Jeld-Wen Canada (Toronto), Windows and Doors.
• Panasonic Canada Inc. (Mississauga, Ont.), Heating and Cooling Equipment.
• SEG Products (Montreal), Lighting
Energy Star for Products (Retailers)
• Corbeil Appliances (Laval, Que.), Regional.
• The Home Depot Canada (Toronto), National.
Energy Star for Products (Other)
• takeCHARGE (St. John’s), Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland & Labrador Hydro, Utility Program of the Year.
• Stirling Marathon (Elora, Ont.), Promoter of the Year, Energy Star Most Efficient.
• Canadian Coalition for Green Health Care (Halifax), Advocate of the Year.
• takeCHARGE (St. John’s), Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland & Labrador Hydro, Promotional Campaign of the Year.
• National Energy Equipment Inc. (Montreal), Recruit of the Year.
• Columbia Manufacturing Co. Ltd. (Burnaby, B.C.), Sustained Excellence.
• Arctic Energy Alliance (Yellowknife), Special Recognition.
• Lowe’s Canada (Boucherville, Que.), Special Recognition.
• efficiencyPEI (Charlottetown), Energy Efficiency Program Administrator of the Year.
Energy Star for New Homes
• WrightHaven Homes Ltd. (Fergus, Ont.), New Homes Builder of the Year – Small.
• Doug Tarry Ltd. (St. Thomas, Ont.), New Homes Builder of the Year – Mid-Size.
Energy Star for Existing Commercial and Institutional Buildings
• Commerce South Office Park – Building B (Edmonton).
• Sun Life Waterloo King (Waterloo, Ont.).
• 6985 Financial Drive (Mississauga, Ont.).
• Brian Canfield Centre (Burnaby, B.C.).
• Sunrise of Windsor (Windsor, Ont.)
Energy Star Canada is a voluntary partnership between the government and more than 1000 organizations, says NRCan; its label means a product, home, building or industrial facility is certified to use less energy.
Print this page