Alberta Energy Efficiency + Innovation Summit 2024Print this page
April 23 - April 24, 2024
200 8 Avenue SW, Calgary AB T2P 1B5
Join over 200 of your peers at The Hudson in downtown Calgary for the Alberta Energy Efficiency + Innovation Summit, April 23-24, 2024. Registration is now open. Early bird pricing ends February 29.
The annual conference is dedicated to “advancing the adoption of energy efficiency and innovative solutions to reduce the carbon footprint of the buildings sector”. Confirmed topics include:
Pathways to net-zero emissions in buildings
• New technology showcase
• Residential deep energy retrofits
• Approaches to addressing energy poverty
• Low-carbon heating pathways
• Latest experience with heat pumps in Alberta
• Innovative approaches to financing
• Embodied carbon within building materials
• The role of building codes in transitioning to net-zero emissions
• Alberta’s Emissions Neutral Building Information Exchange (ENBIX)
The role of utilities in net zero emission buildings
• Recent studies related to demand side management (DSM)
• Innovative utility pilots
PLUS… workforce needs and development opportunities; government perspectives on achieving net-zero emissions in the buildings and utility sectors; municipal initiatives to accelerate net-zero emissions; new program announcements.
“The summit will provide attendees with a forum to collaborate, learn, network, and gain insight into the latest trends in energy efficiency deployment, and innovative technology, products and processes for buildings of all types,” say organizers, emphasizing there will be strong focus on how buildings and the utility system interact.
The event is a collaboration of Alberta Energy Efficiency Alliance (AEEA) and the Smart Sustainable Resilient Infrastructure Association (SSRIA).
AEEA brings together people to “collaboratively engage in solving problems, coordinating action and delivering a common voice”. SSRIA is focused on building a network of “leaders and innovators that are working to accelerate the adoption of innovative low-carbon solutions for buildings”.
Visit event's website
Print this page