Controls & Automation
HVAC & Plumbing
Leaders in “efficient home” solutions – Integrated Home Competition honorees, 2022
July 6, 2023 By Anthony Capkun
July 6, 2023 – The Consortium for Energy Efficiency’s (CEE) annual Integrated Home Competition aims to highlight outstanding “connected, fuel-neutral, interactive, and efficient home” solutions, where devices and systems “effectively communicate to provide new customer, utility system, and societal value”.
No untested research or pilot projects here! Entries must be commercially available solutions that are “simple, reliable, well-designed, and highly functional”.
Furthermore, the competition provides a platform for distinguishing innovation in the realm of “integrated demand-side management objectives”, which includes traditional energy savings.
The judges selected 17 connected home devices that demonstrate the four tenets of the CEE Integrated Home Initiative: energy savings, demand flexibility, consumer amenity, and security.
Entries seeing awards included residential connected lighting, heating and cooling, thermostats, water heating, window attachments, electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE), and an open category for other connected home devices.
Let’s meet the 2022 honorees
• ClimateMaster Trilogy QE geothermal heat pump with iGate2 intelligent communicating controls
• Enel X Way JuiceBox 48
• Robur Corp. GAHP A gas absorption heat pump
• Swidget smart controls
• Tricklestar Wi-Fi smart thermostat and water heater controller
• Hunter Douglas Duette honeycomb shades with PowerView automation
• Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US (METUS) deluxe wall-mounted system with H2i plus and kumo touch
• Orro One and Orro S
• VRV LIFE with Daikin One+ smart thermostat
• Wallbox Pulsar Plus
SPECIAL RECOGNITIONS FOR…
• Retrofit solution: Alea Labs Smart-Air
• Diagnostic capabilities: Trane residential XV20i heat pump with Trane Link
• Efficient technology: Bosch 500 Series heat pump dryer
• Low-GWP refrigerant: Daikin Atmosphera with Daikin One+ smart thermostat
• Utility Partnership: Hilo Services Inc. smart home solution
• Value Proposition: Acuity Brands Juno smart home solutions
The Integrated Home Competition is organized by the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI), American Lighting Association, the Consortium for Energy Efficiency, and UL Solutions. Also, it is sponsored by over 30 energy efficiency utilities, trade associations, and research entities across the United States and Canada.
2023 competition entries have already been submitted, spanning residential electric and natural gas equipment. Eligible products include whole-home energy management solutions, heating and cooling equipment, thermostats, water heaters, pool pumps, plug load controls, window attachments, lighting and lighting controls, ceiling fans, electric vehicle supply equipment, home appliances, and other connected home devices that “successfully deliver a positive consumer experience and provide load management capabilities”.
We should learn about this year’s winners in the fall. Visit integratedhome.org to learn more.
Print this page