EM CAREERS – Halifax school board energy manager – 000AU1-Jan1112A
January 31, 2012 - The Halifax Regional School Board (HRSB) is currently seeking candidates for an:
Energy Manager – Operations Services
January 31, 2012 By Alyssa Dalton
at the Edgewood Office, Halifax, NS.
The Energy Manager is directly responsible for the implementation and ongoing support of energy consumption and energy management strategies, systems and technologies for the schools within the HRSB. These duties include work requiring engineering technology, electrical/instrumentation, information technology and data analysis competencies, as well as troubleshooting/mechanical aptitude. The Manager will analyze the board’s current energy use and assist in the board’s energy management plan with the goal of providing cost effective management and operation of building systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for the board’s HVAC control and energy monitoring programs while also providing support to a team of Operations Managers and trades personnel. The Manager reports directly to the Coordinator, Operations Services-Maintenance.
• Completion of post-secondary education program in a relevant technical field such as Certified Energy Manager or certification of qualification in a recognized Building Construction Trade or Construction Technicians or Technologists (CET) program.
• Technical knowledge of multiple construction trades and technology including building structures, roofs, plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems, normally acquired through the attainment of a (CET) or a Journeyperson or Masters Certificate in a related building discipline.
• Minimum five years experience in the Construction Technician’s or Technologist’s (CET) field or as a Journeyperson or in a related building discipline, three years of which should be in a building operations/maintenance environment.
• Minimum three years experience in a supervisory capacity related to building operations, building maintenance or related work environment.
• Valid Nova Scotia driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
• LEED accreditation considered an asset.
Employment with the HRSB is contingent upon providing a satisfactory Criminal Records check and Child Abuse Registry check.
Salary: This is a PEG (Professional Employee Group) position with a salary range on the PEG Scale of NCR 7: $60,905.21 to $79,938.57.
Start Date: March 5, 2012
INTERESTED? Visit www.myhrsb.ca/jobs to apply by February 3, 2012.
Please mention you saw this posting at Energy Manager!
Print this page