EM CAREERS – SNC-Lavalin intern – Technical Advisor in Energy Efficiency – Q12-17851
January 30, 2012 - SNC-Lavalin, a engineering and construction group which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2011, is currently looking to hire a:
intern - Technical Advisor in Energy Efficiency - Montreal, Que.
By Alyssa Dalton
This position was posted on January 9, 2012.
SNC-Lavalin has recently been selected to provide an energy efficiency program to a Quebec company, which opens new internship opportunities for students in mechanical or electrical engineering programs who are interested in the building, energy efficiency and simulation fields.
This project is an occasion for you to get involved in the sustainable development field in Quebec and to work along high calibre actors in the domain. You will have the privilege to help promote energy efficiency and be part of a challenging technological environment. Finally, once your studies are completed, you will have the possibility to remain within SNC-Lavalin and enjoy the opportunity of professional growth and promotion within the firm.
The successful applicant will help market the program and manage energy efficiency projects within a context of sustainable development. The program targets the commercial and institutional sectors.
• Ensure that all technical files submitted by participants comply with the program terms and conditions.
• Make any necessary changes to the calculation tool to include actual measurements based on the site controller’s recommendations.
• Provide technical support to clients or account managers.
• Ensure a continuous follow-up of all files.
• Manage documentation and keep records.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with a building related specialization.
• Experience in computer-aided building energy simulations is an asset.
• Experience in the field of energy efficiency is an asset.
• Knowledge of the Hydro-Québec project evaluation (PEP) software package and of the DOE2.1, eQuest or EE4 software programs is an asset.
• High level of proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook software programs.
• Bilingual French/English (spoken and written).
• Good analysis and organization skills.
• Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Respect for confidentiality, judgment, loyalty, ability to work independently, motivation and flexibility.
• Strong capacity to adapt and to work quickly.
INTERESTED? Visit www.snclavalin.com to apply.
Please mention you saw this posting at Energy Manager!