EM CAREERS – Ontario Clean Water Agency seeks Energy Efficiency Manager – 45556
July 20, 2012 - Are you an experienced engineering professional with extensive knowledge in energy efficiency? Here is your opportunity to identify, evaluate and advise the Ontario Clean Water Agency and stakeholders on the assessment of the water and wastewater treatment facilities for capital project energy efficiency opportunities as an:
Energy Efficiency Manager, FT (Mississauga, Ont.)
$83,075.00 to $102,584.00
July 20, 2012 By Anthony Capkun
What can you expect to do in this role?
• Develop business cases for energy efficiency projects, working with hub managers and various departments, generating additional capital works related revenues for the Agency.
• Implement employee training and awareness program to promote energy conservation and communicate the energy efficiency initiatives undertaken both to OCWA staff and stakeholders.
• Identify, assess, prioritize and make recommendations on energy-saving projects.
• Work to create and foster a sustainable energy management culture at the facilities that Ontario Clean Water Agency operates and provide an avenue for employees to report issues/ideas on energy conservation and efficiency.
• Assist Engineering Services in preparing Energy Conservation and Demand Management Plans under Reg. 397/11.
• Provide engineering expertise in the development and implementation of Energy efficiency control plan.
• Review and provide a description of the control systems, operating schedules, and maintenance practices at each facility/process to identify operational and maintenance changes, preparing, business cases to justify capital expenditures.
How do you qualify?
• Full membership in Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO)
• You have practical experience in the field of electrical engineering in relation to energy efficiency as it applies to water and wastewater facilities.
• You have engineering experience and knowledge in technical assessment of energy consumption per facility to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
• You have knowledge and experience in methodologies used for design principles, standards and practices of electrical engineering design and construction for complex water and wastewater systems, and of related municipal, environmental and OH&S legislation.
• You know theories, principles and current practices of engineering, applied to electrical engineering and knowledge and experience with the Green Energy Act.
• You anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
• You can apply your knowledge to complex technical analysis in order to assess and evaluate risks and resolve problems.
• You can develop recommendations for policies, standards, guidelines and criteria.
• You can prepare correspondence and technical reports.
• You can explain complex analysis to stakeholders, answering questions and making recommendations.
• You can use software application for data management, data analysis, word processing, graphics and internet.
Interested? Download the PDF below for additional information, then send your application to:
Ontario Clean Water Agency
Attention: Julie Edwards
1 Yonge Street STE 1700
Toronto M5E 1E5
Fax: (416) 314-4615
Deadline to apply is July 27, 2012, 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please mention you saw this post at Energy Manager!
Print this page