February 22, 2022 By Anthony Capkun
February 23, 2022 – EnerQuality Corp. reports 2020 was a record year for certifying energy-efficient homes that deliver more than “15% better than the building code”.
Against that backdrop, the 2020 EnerQuality Awards (hosted online in November 2021) celebrate “the lasting and positive impact Canadian builders are making through their commitment to constructing energy-efficient homes”.
EnerQuality is a certifier of Energy Star-efficient housing in Canada.
“Builders are committed to building better and creating innovative, energy-efficient homes they are proud of, and homeowners seek out,” said Rose Benedetto, managing director, EnerQuality. “This drive is matched by the ability of leading manufacturers to anticipate the market direction, as shown by the finalists in the Innovation Gauntlet.”
“It is an honour to be recognized by EnerQuality in these three award categories, especially in 2021 as we celebrate 30 years in business,” said Lisa Schuett, vice-president, Terra View Homes. “Our success in this year’s awards program would not be possible without our team, trade partners, homeowners and greater community.”
The awards event draws nominations from across the building industry, with builders, licensed professionals, and energy advisors from over a dozen Ontario homebuilder associations represented.
Congratulations to the following 2020 EQ Award recipients:
• Best green marketing: Terra View Homes
• Builder achievement: Doug Tarry, Doug Tarry Ltd.
• Building innovation, Low: Far Sight Homes, Beeton Creek
• Champion of the year: Marc Huminilowycz, Sideroad Communications
• Enbridge, Optimum Home: Mattamy Homes Canada
• Enbridge, Savings by Design (Affordable): Spotlight Developments Inc.
• Enbridge, Savings by Design (Commercial): Drewlo Holdings
• Enbridge, Savings by Design (Residential): Dietrich Homes
• Energy advisor of the year: Huso Ashimi, Building Knowledge Canada
• EnerQuality’s Energy Star for New Homes, Large Volume Builder: Activa
• EnerQuality’s Energy Star for New Homes, Mid-Volume Builder: Huron Creek Developments
• EnerQuality’s Energy Star for New Homes, Small/Custom Builder: Terra View Homes
• Green renovation project of the year: RND Construction Ltd., Art Deco
• HBA of the year: Durham Region HBA
• Impact award: Tamarack Homes
• Leader of the year: Susan Cudahy, Enbridge Gas Inc.
• Licensed professional of the year: Wil Beardmore, Bluewater Energy
• Net zero builder: Terra View Homes, Hart Village
• Ontario green builder of the year, Low-Rise: Minto Communities Canada
• Ontario green builder of the year, Mid/High-Rise: Doug Tarry Ltd.
• Product innovation, Low-Rise (OBC Part 9): Panasonic Canada Inc.
• Product innovation, High-Rise (OBC Part 3): SageGlass, Harmony
• Rising star award: Austin Todd, Evergreen Building Science
• People’s choice: Great Gulf
“The EQ Awards showcase how the industry is building homes that use less energy, are more comfortable, with better indoor air quality and lower emissions overall,” said Monica Curtis, EnerQuality president & CEO. “As the market shifts to focus on carbon, we expect to see even more builders certifying their homes and building better than code.”
Print this page