EM CAREERS – Stantec Energy Modeller – 2012-14089
October 31, 2012 - The Stantec Integrated Asset Management Solutions group (IAM Solutions) service areas reflect the interconnected systems-based nature of sustainability and include LEED Consulting, Building Performance Simulation, Energy Audits, Measurement & Verification services and support for Building Condition Assessments. Stantec's Winnipeg Office is currently seeking a qualified candidate to undertake an intermediate or senior role as a:
By Alyssa Dalton
This position is located in Winnipeg, Man.
Reporting to the team leads of the Integrated Asset Management team, the purpose of this position is to provide direction and leadership in the execution of sustainability projects, simulation projects, energy auditing and measurement and verification. Our Energy Specialist staff guide projects toward the highest performance outcomes while staying within budgetary and scheduling constraints. We achieve this by providing input and feedback to the design team from the concept stage through to construction and our involvement extends into the operations phase through measurement & verification and energy audits.
The candidate will provide building energy simulation services for our clients. The qualified candidate will have considerable background in energy-efficient system design and simulation, LEED rating systems, energy analysis studies, and energy management & incentive programs. A sound knowledge of HVAC and lighting systems, building control systems, energy conservation measures, greenhouse gas emission, and building energy simulation programs is expected. Exceptional communication skills, the ability to provide excellent client service and a commitment to sustainable design are essential for this position.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Support projects through services including energy and thermal modeling, LEED documentation, researching sustainable building design strategies, energy auditing, and writing reports.
• Provide building performance modeling that analyzes energy and thermal performance of new and existing commercial, institutional, and residential buildings.
• Work with clients and design teams in an integrated design approach to identify appropriate design strategies geared towards improving energy performance, indoor air quality, and thermal comfort; provide ongoing analysis through design and construction.
• Prepare LEED documentation associated with energy modeling; assist with coordination of other LEED documentation as necessary.
• Perform energy Audits for BOMA BESt.
• Perform Manitoba Hydro Power Smart Building Energy Simulations.
• Prepare LEED Measurement and Verification Reports and Analysis.
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field is preferred.
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience such as building envelope and energy-efficient system design and simulation.
• Experience with the following simulation software: IES, eQUEST, TRNSYS, EE4, DOE-2, and/or EnergyPlus; RETScreen, HAP, TRACE, and/or Hot2000 experience an asset.
• Experience integrating BIM tools such as Revit with simulation tools, such as IES.
• Strong professional verbal and written communication skills -ability to communicate in a timely manner appropriate with clients and building design team members.
• Understanding of LEED building rating systems required; LEED AP with specialization preferred.
• Experience with thermal comfort analysis, CFD (for natural ventilation and displacement ventilation), life-cycle cost analysis, and/or existing building auditing preferred.
• P.Eng. or eligibility for APEGM membership is strongly preferred.
INTERESTED? Qualified candidates can submit their resume and cover letter at www.stantec.com/careers.
Please mention you saw this posting on Energy Manager!