EM CAREERS – University of Toronto Energy Manager – 1200976
August 3, 2012 - Established in 1827, the University of Toronto is one of Canada’s largest universities, offering more than 810 programs from three campuses across the downtown core and the Greater Toronto Area. The University is currently looking to hire a:
August 3, 2012 By Alyssa Dalton
for its St. George campus in downtown Toronto, Ont.
Note: This is a 2-year term position.
“Effecting change through awareness and fostering a sustainable energy management culture”
Reporting to the Director, Sustainability Operations & Services, Facilities & Services, the Energy Manager will spearhead energy savings initiatives. Responsible for identifying, reporting on and implementing such initiatives through preliminary and detailed engineering studies, the Energy Manager establishes and maintains a database designed to track and monitor energy use and progress towards energy saving goals.
In addition, this position will establish short and long term goals for energy savings, oversee upgrade projects aimed at meeting specific peak demand savings targets and produce quarterly progress reports on all activities.
The Energy Manager also leads awareness programs designed to promote both large and small scale initiatives that will result in significant, permanent energy savings; liaises with other departments to effect recommended changes to achieve established goals and co-ordinates projects, or works in collaboration with other project managers.
• Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering; licensed professional engineer in the Province of Ontario.
• Several years’ experience in the field of energy management within the industrial and/or commercial and institutional sectors.
• Proficiency in the use of standard office computer applications; expert level skill in database development and maintenance.
• Facility with statistical analysis and methodologies as related to energy use.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write for publication and create and deliver presentations.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to gain consensus.
• Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Budget management skills.
Pay Scale Group and Hiring Rate: PM 4 – Broadband Salary Range: $ 70,880 – $107,452 – Hiring Zone: $70,880 – $86,288
INTERESTED? Applicants can CLICK HERE apply for the position by August 12, 2012.
Please mention you saw this posting on Energy Manager!
Print this page