July 27, 2022 – Energy Star Canada announced the recipients of its 2022 awards “for their remarkable contributions in promoting the most energy-efficient products, new homes and buildings”. CLICK each link to learn more about these recipients.
Energy Star for Products
• Sustained Excellence: Home Depot Canada
• Manufacturer of the Year, Appliances: LG Electronics Canada Inc.
• Manufacturer of the Year, Commercial Products: True Refrigeration Canada ULC
• Manufacturer of the Year, Electronics: Ricoh Canada Inc.
• Manufacturer of the Year, Windows and Doors: Jeld-Wen of Canada
• Manufacturer of the Year, Heating and Cooling Equipment: Emerson Canada
• Manufacturer of the Year, Lighting: SEG Products
• Retailer of the Year, Regional: Corbeil Appliances
• Retailer of the Year, National: Lowe’s Canada
• Utility Program of the Year: takeCHARGE
• Energy Star Most Efficient: Stirling Marathon
• Advocate of the Year: efficiencyPEI
• Promotional Campaign of the Year: Efficiency Manitoba
• Special Recognition: Samsung Electronics Canada
• Special Recognition: Columbia Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
• Energy Efficiency Program of the Year: efficiencyPEI
“[We] are grateful to be recognized for our efforts and focus on energy efficiency, but our best work is still ahead of us,” said Robert Conway, Jeld-Wen of Canada. “We are really excited about the future and the products we plan to bring to the market.”
Energy Star for New Homes
“This award demonstrates not only our commitment as a builder to the Energy Star for New Homes program and sustainable home development, but also our passion toward helping our homeowners use less energy […]” said Andrew Lambden, Terra View Homes.
Energy Star for Existing Commercial and Institutional Buildings
• Building of the Year, Multifamily Housing: 2001 Bonnymede Drive
• Building of the Year, Office: Brian Canfield Centre
• Building of the Year, Office: 351 King Street East
• Building of the Year, Office: 6985 Financial Drive
• Building of the Year, Office: 55 Commerce Valley Drive West
• Building of the Year, Office: Commerce South Office Park – Building B
• Building of the Year, Office: Sun Life Waterloo King
• Building of the Year, Hospital: Horizon’s Saint John Regional Hospital
• Building of the Year, K-12 School: Bliss Carman Middle School, Anglophone West School District (ASW-W)
• Building of the Year, Senior Living Community and Residential Care Facility: Sunrise of Windsor (Windsor, Ontario)
Energy Star Canada is a voluntary partnership between the Government of Canada and more than 1000 organizations. Since the program’s inception in 2001, Energy Star-certified products are estimated to have saved about 237 petajoules of energy, says Natural Resources Canada, and avoided approximately 26 megatonnes of GHG emissions.
Winners are awarded based on their Canadian sales and marketing, but may still be eligible when their headquarters are located within the United States.
Print this page