Names you know among 2017 Energy Star Canada award winners
July 19, 2017 - “We need to make more conscious choices when it comes to our energy consumption. The Energy Star Canada program and its participants have been very successful in helping Canadians do just that. We are proud to honour this year’s award winners,” said Jim Carr, Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, in announcing the 2017 winners of Energy Star Canada awards.
By Anthony Capkun
The winners are Energy Star Canada program participants from across the country, representing utilities, manufacturers, retailers, associations and homebuilders. Without further ado:
• Advocate of the Year: Canadian Coalition for Green Health Care
• Manufacturer of the Year, Appliances: Samsung Electronics Canada
• Manufacturer of the Year, Commercial: QBD Cooling Systems Inc.
• Manufacturer of the Year, Electronics: Samsung Electronics Canada
• Manufacturer of the Year, Fenestration: Jeld-Wen of Canada
• Manufacturer of the Year, HVAC: Rheem Canada Ltd.
• Manufacturer of the Year, Lighting: Conglom Inc.
• Partner of the Year, New Homes: Union Gas Ltd.
• “Most Efficient” Promoter of the Year: Saint John Energy
• Promotional Campaign of the Year: Manitoba Hydro
• New Recruit of the Year: Philips Lighting Canada
• Retailer of the Year, National: Home Depot of Canada Inc.
• Sustained Excellence, New Homes: City Green Solutions
• Sustained Excellence, Products: Sears Canada Inc.
• Utility of the Year, Provincial: Manitoba Hydro
• Utility of the Year, Regional: Hydro One
CLICK HERE to learn more about the winners.
Energy Star Canada is a voluntary partnership between the Government of Canada and more than 1500 organizations that manufacture, sell or promote Energy Star-certified products and homes. The program is administered and promoted by NRCan (Natural Resources Canada).