Acuity’s new wireless occupancy and daylight room sensor
By simplifying installation and eliminating wiring, the rCMSB can extend energy-savings and lighting control to both new and older buildings across industries.
March 30, 2020 By Energy Manager Canada
Acuity Brands Lighting has launched the rCMSB wireless battery-powered ceiling mount sensor from nLight, a small-sized occupancy and daylight room sensor that pairs with nLight AIR switches and fixtured-based controls to create a networked controls system that fits in a variety of spaces including open offices, conference rooms and classrooms.
The rCMSB combines a single occupancy and light level sensor in a single device, further reducing the number of devices to install and support. True to nLight wireless solutions, the new sensor simplifies the installation of networked controls.
“The nLight rCMSB is a game-changer for retrofit projects and newly built spaces seeking to implement wireless and unobtrusive controls,” said Trevor Palmer, senior vice president of digital lighting networks at Acuity Brands Lighting. “The rCMSB has a simplified installation process from pairing and configuration through Bluetooth. By simplifying installation and eliminating wiring, the rCMSB can extend energy-savings and lighting control to both new and older buildings across industries.”
The nLight rCMSB wireless battery-powered sensor has the following features:
- Easy installation by simply mounting the sensor to the ceiling
- Simplified programming with the CLAIRITY Pro mobile app
- Pairing with nLight AIR switches and fixture-based controls including digital technology embedded luminaires and other wireless sensors
- Comprehensive lens options with up to 40 feet in mounting height
- Motion sensing/daylight harvesting in one device
Print this page